Thursday, April 18, 2024
HomeBreaking NewsWITH OR WITHOUT TSHISEKEDI: Opposition Vow To Go Ahead With Peaceful Protest...

WITH OR WITHOUT TSHISEKEDI: Opposition Vow To Go Ahead With Peaceful Protest Tomorrow

Opposition leaders have insisted they will go ahead with their planned peaceful protest on May 13, 2023 in Kinshasa despite the Governor Gentiny Ngobila announcing it had been deferred to May 18, 2023 for security reasons.

One of the leaders Martin Fayulu says the protest was not interfering with the security if the country but highlighting challenges faced by all Congolese.

“For Congo, we are going to march this Saturday, May 13. We must save the Congo, by saying NO to balkanization, growing insecurity, high prices and a chaotic electoral process,” said Fayulu, president of ECIDE.

“Wherever you are in Kinshasa, get up and walk,” he added.

Augustin Matata Ponyo, the former prime minister, who is also one of the four leaders of the opposition that struck the Lubumbashi accord ahead of the polls in December 20, 2023 says the streets belong to all Congolese.

“Let’s take to the streets of Kinshasa this Saturday to demonstrate our opposition to evil,” he said

Popular opposition leader Moise Katumbi, who is also in Kinshasa with the other three, says Congolese have suffered enough and are in a hurry to change their lives for better.

“We refuse to live in suffering. Hunger has exacerbated and prices are only going up. We don’t want insecurity. All together, out this Saturday.

Delly Sesanga, who recently returned to Kinshasa, says “We refuse balkanization, we refuse the tampering with elections. We ask you to be in the streets of Kinshasa this Saturday.”

RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Most Popular

Recent Comments